Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Things are Tight


So I guess I'm writing this blog just to vent. I graduated from ASU with my teaching degree sure that I would get a job right away. Well its been 3 months and I still don't have a job and now I'm about 6 months pregnant and no one is going to hire me. Brad is really slow on work right now and I am freaking out. I never knew how hard it would be to save ALL the money we get to just give it to our bills. I know that If we continue to pay our tithing and have faith that everything will work out, and it has so far, its just sooooooo hard. Sometimes I feel let down, Brad and I never miss a Sunday at church, we pay tithing, we pray morning and night, go to the temple every month and we still struggle. I look at others who don't try as hard as us and they have plenty of money and have no worries it seems. Its just so hard to have faith when we try so hard and get slammed. My dad keeps telling me to enjoy this time I have off and that all young couples are suppose to be poor :) I guess its true and we will have plenty of money someday, I hope. Anyway If you could just keep us In your prayers and pray that brad gets another job. Thanks and sorry for the venting ...........

3 comments:

Jenna Eve said...

Jamie
Hey I know how tough that can be. Could Brad work at UOP? Kreed could put in a good word. Also Kreed does procces serving as a side job and there is so much work there, they are needing people. Call me if u are interested. Meanwhile I will pray for you. When Kreed had no work for three months it was way hard and during the holiday season but in a way I feel like it was a second honeymoon. We redboxed it in the middle of the day and got to take naps together and that sort of thing. WOw this is a book. Anyway I totally understand and you guys should come over for dinner sometime.

Unknown said...

I could ask Mark if they are hiring at Grand Canyon University. It's off of Priest and Elliot and great health benefits. It seems like its a hard time for everyone. Have you looked into subbing while your pregnant? I will pray for you and Brad that work will come around.

White Family said...

Jame,
Totally understand what you're going through. Having to watch every penny you spend is not fun (and never seems to end for some of us). Just remember that every one is going through a trial of their own. Even though it may seem that other people have it easy there is always something going on behind closed doors that they are working through. Life was not meant to be easy, but there is definitely joy in the journey. Keep staying strong and look at the bright side of the trials that you're going through. Like precious time with your husband before a brand new baby comes! You will never get these days back after you have kids, and trust me some times you will really miss those days. I love you tons and you guys are in our thoughts and our prays. When Kyle was out of work I read two conference talks frequently, but especially on really hard days. They were, "come what may and love it" (Joseph B Wirthlin) and "Hope Ya know, we had a hard time" (Quentin L Cook) both are very inspirational talks and perfect for those hard days. Keep your head held high, good things will come, they always do...